Monday, October 16, 2017

"Spanish Rooftops" watercolor & ink 9 x 12 #Inktober

Here are a couple of rooftops from a trip to Spain years ago.  I remember looking up at the deepening sky, and seeing their silhouettes against the blue.  Beautiful detail, casual, elegant, utilitarian.  Striking.  They remind me a bit of the tile rooftop in the Charlton Heston movie, "Ben Hur" where his sister knocks a loose tile off and it falls onto the new centurion, Ben's childhood friend Masala.  Ben takes the fall for her and becomes a galley slave... the rest is "history" as it were.  I'm not sure what town were were in, but I remember the scene vividly.

This is my sixteenth entry for the #Inktober challenge.  Thanks for looking as I continue my exploration through my archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment