Sunday, December 27, 2015

Climate Change - Getting the Message Across

UMass Lowell has a great website for educating students about climate concerns and encouraging their involvement in advocating for change.  My students watched an interesting slide show, read a number of FAQs, and entered a poster contest with their take on spreading the news about climate change. Here's a link to the slide show.   The posters needed to be a specific size and shape because the winning posters will grace the sides of the Lowell Regional Transit Authority (LRTA) buses. We had a learning curve aside from climate change itself.  The posters needed to be 22" x 7" with a one inch border around the edge.  Sometimes I need to remind myself that what I see as a simple task is not simple for all.  I taught everyone how to make a one inch border that was uniform.  We made draft designs and discussed their strengths and potential changes. Here are some of the final products.  I'm really proud of my students' efforts and their fabulous creative ideas. 
 
 What do you think?







No comments:

Post a Comment