Saturday, May 23, 2015

"Mother's Love" watercolor & ink 7 x 9


I had a lovely Mother's Day weekend earlier this month.  I was in Boston's Public Garden in the morning, watching families walking about in various sized groups, pausing for photo ops with the swan boats as backdrop.  When I sat on a bench to draw and paint, I was struck by the swan boats under the Garden's bridge, docked and waiting for riders.  Between me and the boats was a natural alcove created by overhanging willows, and adjoining maples.  I saw a repeated theme of hearts.. the sweeping necks of the swans framed by the bridge, the merging trees in the foreground, the weeping willow's graceful branches, and even the little reluctant squirrel in the lower right foreground.  It was a morning filled with love, right down to the late-morning duck parade led by the Harvard jazz band which meandered through the garden to its destination near the bronze McCloskey Duck sculpture.  Why does the parade mean love?   Because I LOVE parades.  I do.  Have since I was a little girl.  
Here's a link to Robert Preston in "The Music Man" because... I LOVE parades.

As always, thank you for looking.  I love your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment