Monday, June 30, 2014

Monhegan Sketchbook June 29

Yesterday, I sat with my good friend, Liz,  on Fish Beach, Monhegan.  We waited for our lunch, sat on the rocks, chatted and drew in our sketchbooks.  Sitting surrounded by salt air, sea, and sounds is heaven to me.  Some children played on the nearby rocks  and shared something from a plastic bag with the gulls.  When the gulls see a freebie being handed out, they just keep on coming.  There may be 2,000 breadcrumbs, or 2.  They just keep coming, ever hopeful.  And, they dissipate just as quickly.  I love the gulls swarming in the air, silhouetted against the backdrop of buildings and rocks.  I love the quick dissipation as well. (else we're back with Alfred Hitchcock and Tippi Hedren clacking around Bodega Bay 

in her heels and mint green Chanel suit). 



I'm going to try to post every day while we are here.  As always, love your comments.  Off to the Lighthouse Museum.

3 comments:

  1. Your sketches are phenomenal. Oh yah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita. I am loving my watercolors and, of course, Monhegan.

      Delete
  2. I totally love the bird 'ballet' and of course, your sketchbook :)

    ReplyDelete