Thursday, July 04, 2013

Monhegan Sketchbook - 2013

It has been an interesting week here on Monhegan, many trips to the ferry to greet, or send off friends.  I carry my sketchbook around with me and have had some time to sit and work on a few ideas, some of which become resolved into paintings.  Here is a page of quick sketches, including my beloved Manana.

Today we were greeted by the sun, and even a sunset, though the fog hung in the harbor for most of the day, obscuring much of Manana from view.  Tonight, is Monhegan's 4th of July celebration, which involves random fireworks lit off on Fish Beach, and a treat tonight - semi-professional fireworks from the dock!  Exciting.  Mid-fireworks show we were treated to a rousing chorus of the "Star Spangled Banner" by a group of enthusiastic patriots down at the beach.  Happy Birthday, America.   We live in a wonderful country.

3 comments:

  1. I love getting a peek inside your sketchbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find your sketch book so interesting! It is mathematical to my eyes, have you ever been told that? xo

    ReplyDelete