Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Dolly and Pretty Boy 8 x 6 oil

$125 plus $10 s&h

I surprised my painting class with a pair of live Solomon Island Eclectus parrots, and their owners, this week.  Dolly and Pretty Boy were great models, perched on the back of a chair - they looked around, made a few interesting sounds, and sat under the spot light provided.  I think our cavernous classroom was a bit cooler than they prefer, so they huddled, and puffed themselves up.  After an hour, they took a 15-minute lunch break while my students strolled about and looked at the other easels.  Then Dolly and Pretty Box got "back to work" for another hour; leaving us time for a critique at the end of the class.  Each interpretation of the two lovely birds was fascinating.

Hoping Dolly and Pretty Boy can visit again soon.





5 comments:

  1. Great an original idea for a painting class! Love the close up view here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are wonderful Jody, but I love the juicy texture you accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Do they know what a privilege is was to model for your class?
    Great painting of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think the parrots cared, but I know what a privilege it is to work with my class.
    Thanks, all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm....nice work but they seem more like Bert and Ernie. :)

    ReplyDelete